Login into Tempest-Time if not already
Click on the Dashboard Menu, a similar view like the image below will display with the region “Time cards pending approval”.
Under the “Time cards pending approval”, the first tab My Approvals will display any timecard pending for approval, this list will display if you are a supervisor to one or more assets. Likewise, under the Alternate Approvals timecard for pending approval will display if you are the alternate supervisor to one or more assets.
If any timecard is rejected, it will display under the Rejected Timecards while the timecard still exists. For example, if the asset, for any reason needs to delete the timecard to correct entries, it will not display anymore.
Click on the “Begin” button to proceed reviewing the timecard.
Time Sheet Approval Page
After you have clicked on the begin button, you will be prompted to the Time Sheet Approval page.
In this page you will see the employee and the entries details. The list of entries is a default report called interactive report that is customizable and can be saved as your personal report. For example, you may wish to view additional columns, to view or change the report do the following:
In the Actions Menu that appears to the right of the Go button on the Search bar. Use this menu to customize an interactive report.
- To customize a report to include specific columns, click Select Columns on the Actions menu.
- The Select Columns dialog appears.
- Select the columns you want to move. Click the center arrows to move a column from Display in Report to Do Not Display. To select multiple columns at once, press and hold the CTRL
- To change the order of the columns, click the Top, Up, Down, and Bottom arrows on the right.
- Click Apply. A revised report appears.
Saving an Interactive Report
An interactive report can be saved as private or public, and only the user who creates a private report can view, save, rename, or delete it.
To save a public or private interactive report:
- Go to the page containing the interactive report.
- Customize the report (for example, hide columns, add filters, and so on). See: Actions Menu
- Click the Actions Menu and select Save Report.
- The Save Report dialog appears.
In Save Report:
Name- Enter a name for the report.
Description- Enter an optional description.
Public- Select this check box to make the report viewable to all users. Deselect this check box to make the report private. Click Apply.
The timecard will display the time and expense entries associated. You will have the options to approve/reject all entries at once, or one by one. The image below is displaying the Time Entries only, when finish, click on the tab Expense Entries to make sure for a complete approval.
Approving the Timecard
After you have confirmed all entries, the button Approve Timecard will display. Click on the button Approve Timecard for completing the approval.